Most businesses, once they’ve published a Facebook Live video, think that’s the end of the story.
But it shouldn’t be.
In fact, repurposing your Facebook Live videos can be a really powerful way to drive more traffic to your site – and can widen the reach and impact of your video content.
We’re going to cover ways to repurpose your content in a later blog post – but this article covers the first step: how to download Facebook Live videos.
1. Go to your Page on a Desktop / Laptop browser
Get Facebook loaded up in a desktop browser (not your mobile app), and navigate to your Page.
2. Click on: Publishing Tools and then Video Library
This will open up a list of all the video content you’ve posted on the page, along with an icon to show which of the videos were originally posted as Live content.
3. Hover over the video post you want to download
Hovering over the video will open up the “edit” icon to the top right of the video title.
4. Click on edit video
Not much more to say about this one. Go and click it.
5. Click on the Settings Cog
As above. Just get clicking.
6. Download SD (Standard Definition)
Congrats – you’ve now downloaded an .mp4 copy of your Facebook Live video.
See? Dead easy.
Latest posts by David Trott (see all)
- Some Thoughts on THAT Burger King Tweet - 8th March 2021
- How to Ask Customers for Online Reviews – A Simple Guide - 14th October 2019
- Blogging: What the Hell Should I Write About? - 15th September 2019