One of the most striking developments at this week’s SMX Paris was the understated “blink and you’ll miss it” announcement of Google’s new Location Aware Search feature – allowing you to ask Google questions about the world around you, without having to specify where you are. Check out Danny Sullivan‘s video from the conference:
Location Aware Search is live unannounced feature in Google Search App. Ask about things nearby without naming them pic.twitter.com/ML7APC6Msc
— Danny Sullivan (@dannysullivan) June 9, 2015
Why your business should care about Location Aware Search
Because this represents a fundamental shift in the way users will enquire about your business – and more importantly, where Google will look for the info to answer them. Your customers will increasingly look to their phones for answers, and will ask questions in a more natural way.
- “Where̓s a good coffee shop?”
- “What time does this place open?”
- “What̓s the phone number for this business?”
- “Does this place have good reviews?”
Think Google+ is dead? Think again…
Ok, so the ‘social’ side of the network might be shuffling into the corner, but this doesn’t mean you can forget about it and move on. In fact, completely the opposite.
This update might just make Google My Business the most important part of your online presence. And all those things you talk about on your website, Twitter, and Facebook? You might want to start including your poor old Google+ page in your updates too.
Get YOUR business ready for Google Location Aware Search
If this sounds like a lot of work, then don’t worry – we can help.
- Set-up your Google My Business page
- Verify your Business with Google
- Get your Business on Map Listings
- Supply and optimise your Google My Business content, including opening times, business categories, images
- Arrange a full virtual Google Tour of your business interior with our certified partners
- Provide full one-to-one or group training on running your Google My Business page
- We can even fully manage your Google+ Business listings for you
Drop your email here, and we’ll send you more info:
Error: Contact form not found.
Where does Impact work?
We’re based on the border of South Manchester and Cheshire, and as such work throughout the area – Knutsford, Altrincham, Stockport, Hale, Timperley, Manchester City Centre, and beyond. However, we’re also incredibly proud to work nationally, having worked with businesses all across the UK.
Even more excitingly, we’re about to expand into London in the coming weeks – and as such, we’re delighted to offer our services throughout London from July onwards! Get in touch now, and let’s get your business ready for Google Location Aware Search!
Latest posts by David Trott (see all)
- Some Thoughts on THAT Burger King Tweet - 8th March 2021
- How to Ask Customers for Online Reviews – A Simple Guide - 14th October 2019
- Blogging: What the Hell Should I Write About? - 15th September 2019